Saturday, February 5

Snow Ballin' and Dim Summin'

Last night was the annual event known as Snowball, a semi-formal dance promoted to freshmen at USC, but open to any student of the University. I went my freshman year, way back on March 1, 2002, and didn't have any plans to attend this year's until Emmy, so very eloquently, asked me to be her date. After getting off work I made a quick change of clothes and gathered supplied, including a few fresh-cut limes from the corner market, before heading out around 10:00. Thirty minutes and a liter later, Nelisa, her friend Kevin, Emmy, and I were well on our way to the party for a bit of socializing and a lot of dancing.

The DJ at the dance was fantastic and we all had a great time. As well, I learned that Emmy is quite the dancer! Afterwards, we all went our separate ways while Emmy and I sat in her car for quite a while, drinking water and listening to Keane. We were eventually questioned by a DPS officer who wanted to make sure that Emmy was alright. She assured them that everything was just fine, and even though nothing happened, gave them a story so that they couldn't possibly cite us for anything.

After meeting up with Meha and her date, Kevin, we went for a short drive and then back to my apartment, only to be greeted by a room full of cruisers. We hung out with them for a bit before going to sleep.

Then, this morning we met up with a group of friends for to eat dim sum. It was delicious, but I wasn't satisfied. I wanted to order more, but since nobody else was still hungry, I didn't want to order food just for myself since we were all splitting the bill evenly. Effectively, they would've been paying for food that only I ate, which just didn't' seem right to me. So, hungry I stayed. Didn't matter much, however; I went for the company.

When we came back, Emmy and I had talk that I will never forget. Then, she took a nap.

The afternoon came and Emmy went home, only to return show her friends their possible apartment next year and to drop off some of the things that I left in the dorms before and during the dance, such as my jacket. Her friends, Meha and Nelisa, then invited me to go shopping with the three of them. Always up for spending money, I accepted and we spent the evening shopping, laughing, and actin' the fool at the Beverly Center. I ended up buying a pair of jeans from Banana Republic (my favorite store) and noticing a pair of shoes to buy with my next paycheck superbowl winnings. I got to choose the music on the way home and then I took a shower. Now it's 10:00 and I think I'm going to organize some iTunes music, cause I'm just that cool.

Amazing.


Dim Sum









(Snowball pictures coming soon....)

1 Comments:

Blogger Daniel said...

Right here, Emmy...

http://usc.thefacebook.com/profile.php?id=3400893

4:44 AM, February 08, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home