Monday, January 17

Meet the Parents

Emmy got her car(!) today and I met her parents for the first time. To be honest, I was a bit anxious about how the evening would play itself out, but who wouldn't be? Emmy picked me up in her Camry (very comfortable, btw) and we drove around with her friends before heading out to pick up her parents at their hotel.

We decided to eat at Buca di Beppo in Santa Monica after I gave them a few dinner options. The food was delicious and the company was nice. Her father is extremely laid back and her mother is a bit hyper, so they made for a fun night. We talked about how they met and what they like to do in their free time as I volunteered information about myself and my family. We shared some laughs and everything went rather well. It was a nice evening that concluded with the four of us taking a stroll up Third Street and stopping in a few different shops.
I didn't know exactly how I should act toward Emmy in front of her parents (ie: like a boyfriend or like a friend,) but she was quite gracious in giving me her hand and hugging my arm at times, relaxing me and making me feel comfortable in what could have been an awkward situation. Her parents were very affectionate toward one another, so that made things a bit easier. It was actually incredibly cute and very sweet. We said our goodbyes after I told her father a wrong turn off the freeway and that was the end of the night. All in all, a success.

[NOTE: written on Jan 26]

1 Comments:

Blogger Daniel said...

Looks like my irresistible charm has once again brought great shame upon the McConnell name. Oh woe is me...

3:30 AM, January 27, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home