Sunday, December 26

Breckenridge or Bust

Welp, this is probably going to be my last update this year. See, I'm about to leave for a magical place known as Colorado. They've got a substance there that is basically water that has frozen and fallen gently to the earth. Kinda like rain, but colder, and less dense. Anyhow, my friend BJ invited me to go with him and some friends to stay in his parents' timeshare there in the Rockies. We're going to hang out and enjoy the nightlife, but will spend most of our time in an activity known as skiing. It's a crazy idea where you strap wooden planks to your feet and ride from the top of the frozen mountain all the way down to the bottom at high speeds, trying to avoid trees and other people. Once you reach the bottom, you hop back into these benches attached to an overhead cable, and do it all over again. Kinda like a roller coaster, but without that pesky track. Even crazier, I might also try going down the mountain on one piece of wood, my feet purpendicular to the slope. Insane? Indeed. Fun? For sure. It'll be my first time being a participant in either 'sport', so I hope I come back with everything in the same condition as it is this morning. As always, expect a full report as least by next weekend, when I'm scheduled to return.

Until then, have a festive Kwanzaa (beginning today with Umoja, the day of togetherness), be jealous, and if I don't get to write another update in time, Happy New Year!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home