Monday, March 28

Echos of Tomorrow

Last week I was approached by the Campus Cruiser manager on my decision to apply for supervisor. Specifically, if I was still interested in the position or not.

The loyal may remember a post I wrote back in November entitled 'Supervise or Drive' in which I speak about the dilemma of either being a supervisor or simply focusing my energies on the core of the Campus Cruiser job: picking people up. Well, things have changed a little since then and last Wednesday, I interviewed for the position of Echo, otherwise known as a field supervisor.

The interview with Jason and John went well, and this evening I received a call from John to inform me that I got the job!! I'll now be in charge of opening and closing the shifts, working with the other supervisors on implementing/changing policies, and handling office-related tasks, among other things. Not as important, but the job also come with a wage raise, which is nice considering the fact that my rent is going up by $300 a month next year due to the fact that I'm moving into my own room.

I'm also really excited that I'll be working more closely with the four other cruisers who were also promoted - Cruiser 17 (Mike Terrill), Cruiser 22 (Michelle Thrakulchavee), Cruiser 33 (Evan Smith), and Cruiser 54 (Brett Mendenhall) - in addition to the pre-existing support staff. The fun begins in a couple weeks, so look for periodic updates on the topic once training beings.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice! Good Job! :o)

12:15 PM, April 13, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home